The Acrobat at the exhibition 'Zoekende Reiziger' (2011) in the Stedelijk Museum Kampen - Kampen, The Netherlands
The Acrobat started as a sort of reincarnation of my grandfather who was working as an acrobat in a circus travelling through Europe and the Middle East. During the process of making the sculpture I found the need to take myself as a model for the piece. More and more I found similarities in his life and in my life, all the time moving from place to place and trying to find balance in what we were doing. Was it great fun or was it escaping from reality.
• group exhibition - Art Noord, Museum Belvédère, Oranjewoud, NL
• group exhibition - Royal Palace Soestdijk, Soestdijk, NL
• part of Mein Land, Berlin, Germany
• group exhibition - Galerie De Vis, Leeuwarden, NL
• Van Duyse Gallery, Antwerpen, Belgium
• part of installation De Rookkamer
• 'Zoekende Reiziger' - Stedelijk Museum Kampen, Kampen, NL
© Adriaan Rees, 2016-2021. All rights reserved.